Rivs, that most devoted Chosen of Tzeench over at Way of the Chosen, seems to have tagged me through one of his auras for the Sticky Keyboard Award. Those silly Chosen, always forgetting to turn off auras as we are trying to bypass trash mobs.
Rivs and I share a common misfortune in WAR and that is bad gear drops. I thought I was perhaps the only one with such bad luck until I read about his troubles. Until this post, at least. I guess I'm the only one running around in welfare gear now. Glad to see your luck has turned around, mate, especially with the Darkpromise gear you've been netting.
I appreciate the call to props, Rivs. Keep up the good work, bud.
The Sticky Keyboard Award comes with stipulations….
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
So pass it on I shall…..
1. Obsessive Focus - First off, I have to give props to a fellow Phoenix Throne player. Ainilome, or Menkara/Sevren, has posted on such things as failed city sieges and guild dissolution. She writes well thought out articles and never posts something just to post something.
2. The Homunculus - There's nothing like a site that offers a good laugh. This guy is the best. A little tongue-in-cheek at times, he makes me laugh on a regular basis. Besides that, there is actually valid points behind his satire. Gotta appreciate a writer who can do just that.
3. Echoes of Nonsense - Now that's what I call a blogroll. Wow. Creative posts like Dude... Where's My Deity? make this site win.
4. Tooth Skinner - All hail Nosmo King and his green blog. I enjoy the straight-to-the-point atmosphere that Nosmo brings to the Interwebz. Articles such as this keep me coming back for more.
5. A Wall of Text - Br3ntbr0 brought me all of the good closed beta footage that my heart yearned for, and while he may have wavered from WAR to WoW, I still have to give him credit for the excellent videos he provided in WAR's early days.
6. Hardcore Casual - This is the first mmo blog I ever read. There's nothing like watching as Syncaine and Tobold lash out at each other. I appreciate Syncaine's direct attitude for all things mmo. A selfless crusader against the dark forces of WoW, Syncaine isn't afraid to tell you what's on his mind. There have been more than one occasion when I have finished reading one of his articles and thought, "Holy shit, I hope I don't make this guy mad."
7. Blame the Healer - I thoroughly enjoy Dont's articles, as well as the title considering I play a Disciple of Khaine. His articles are always filled with valuable information and insights into his class and others. Plus, who could forget the sweet Valentine's Day e-Cards?
The 10 things you may or may not know about me.
1. I am a newspaper editor for a small town publication, the Newburgh-Chandler Register (I can't wait until we get our site revamp).
2. I am sometimes known as Youngblood (Young is my last name).
3. I designed and wrote a more than 200 word pencil & paper roleplaying game, titled Angelus: The War of the Will. It took me years to write and I am still trying to finish up the distribution process. Also, the Web site isn't quite ready. /points finger at Bunkai.
4. Shadowfire, my first EQ2 guild, was what really was got me interested in the social aspect of mmos. Without these great people, I would probably still be playing WoW due to its ultra solo nature.
5. I married my high school sweetheart.
6. I originally started Ball State University as a music education major. I had played the trumpet since the sixth grade. Eventually, I switched to journalism after I found an interest in writing.
7. I am a second degree black belt in kenjutsu. While technically, there are no belt ranks in Japanese swordwork, the class I participated in — and eventually taught at as an assistant instructor — had a ranking system to abide by. I learned Tenshin-ryu and Yoshin-ryu.
8. I am an avid video game player, dating all the way back to the early days of Atari. My favorite console is the SNES.
9. I played and enjoyed WoW. There, I said it. Now I think I may need to go cut myself.
10. I think I'm funnier than I really am. * see above statement*
Well, I think that about does it. Thanks Rivs for giving me something to do this Monday morning.